Saturday, August 31, 2013

Oh, Flub It!

A Phlebotomist's Practice Kit

Among the odder cable shows to which MM is addicted, there are several programs on competing networks about re-sellers who find their merchandise in abandoned storage units which have been put up for auction by the storage facility due to lack of rental payments. A&E's "Storage Wars," set in Southern California and "Storage Wars: Texas" each focus on four to six regular "characters" who know and hate one another and will do anything they can to keep the other bidders from getting a unit. It's entertaining in small doses. Unfortunately, MM likes to watch the marathons. Luckily, just such a marathon today led to tonight's truly epic entry.

One of the bidders came across a kit very much like the one pictured above. He took it to a local medical training facility to have it appraised and was informed that it was phlebotomy practice kit, used to teach nurses, phlebotomists and other medical technicians to draw blood for testing.

MM: A lobotomy kit? 

Uncle P: No, a phlebotomy kit.

MM: A fle-buh-buh-blah-blah-blah?

Uncle P: (uncontrollable, hysterical laughter)

MM: (laughing at herself) Sure... laugh at your mother! I'm so glad I amuse you.

Before I sign off, I want to give a shout out to my Eastern European readers, who far outnumber my U.S. readers (at least here on 'Malaprop Mom'). According to Google's stats, Malaprop Mom's largest audiences are in Russia, Poland and Latvia. I must assume folks there are reading it to learn and/or improve their English skills. At least I hope they are. If you are a reader from outside the U.S., please leave me a comment and let me know where you are and why you read 'Malaprop Mom.' I love hearing from my readers! And don't forget to follow me for the latest updates.

More anon,
Prospero

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not even THINK about trolling this blog!